Tuesday, May 18, 2010

DayOne of the rest of my life...

Who am I? My name is Lindsey. I'm a 21 year old, fixing to be college senior at the best University in the entire world, if you ask me. Why do I say this about McMurry, well I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else. I don't feel like spilling my entire history on this first preview of my blogging life, so I decided to share some thoughts that are swirling around in my maniac brain. What am i doing right now, the very beginning of my summer "vacation"? I'm sitting, and I've been doing a whole lot of this lately. Sitting and reflecting, thinking, pondering, wondering, refocusing, questioning, doubting, debating, and just about every other related adjective. Life has been quite the roller coaster lately, but not in a bad way, in a growing sort of way. I recently faced having to say goodbyes to my friends who were graduating, moving away, and just leaving briefly for the summer, some people who I see occasionally, and some I saw and shared thoughts with every day. Goodbye seems to be a key word in my life right now, and personally, I don't like it. So, this is my new outlook, your stuck with me. I'm not going anywhere, and even though you might be, too bad. I've recently seemed to be surrounded by death, and although most of it was not personal, it still was. I think anytime someone dies, it is sad, but should it be? Well, yes, it's normal to mourn, but also to think about how they are in a wonderful place, one that I will visit too, someday. A couple weeks ago, a police officer was killed on his motorcycle, right down the street, and I happened to drive by shortly after the accident. A while later, a high school senior girl was also killed in a traffic accident, followed by a friend who's grandfather was killed in another type of auto accident. These are tragedies, and what do I say to these family and friends? It's not goodbye? How cliche, although true. You know what bugs me, and I mean this with all respect, why do some people get massive city funerals, some churches will be filled, and yet other deaths, well they seem to go unmentioned. How come we mourn with the people we all know, but we don't mourn with the ones that we don't know that well? Shouldn't every person who leaves this earth to Join our Father be entitled to a celebration like no other? AND...it should never grow old. I just can't wait for the day when no human is greater than another, and when everyone wraps their mind around that, including myself. Well, I'm sitting on a roof right now, don't know if that's really allowed, but it's a nice spot to be at the moment. The sunset is beautiful, and having nothing to do at the moment, well that could possibly be just as beautiful. I had a conversation with a friend last night, it was more of a question, and a couple replies, but it was quite thought provoking. You see, I'm putting a lot of thought into my life, and what I'm doing in my day to day routine, and whether it is pleasing to God. It's so easy to be sidetracked by the ways of the world today, and to be drawn in to unGodly thoughts and actions. My final words are these: Respect those around you, even if you don't agree. Love them, seek to understand them. Don't let your thoughts overcome you, and don't let words go unspoken that are on your heart. LOVE:)

No comments:

Post a Comment