Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Working Out--God's way.

So, this morning I began my day at 6:45 a.m. I turned my alarm clock off [my phone actually], put my hair up, tied my shoes, and ate an apple, because I misplaced my toothbrush yesterday [Don't worry, I'm getting a new one in a few minutes]. I headed out to meet a friend at the football field, to try out this whole "Working out with a buddy thing". It's early, and summer, and there is no reason that I HAVE to be up this early, but it was a choice. As I was running around, and trying out some new machines, I realized something. This is but one thing that is missing from my life at the moment. I'm a very involved college student, ranging from Residence Life, to Religious life, to Social Clubs, and anything else I can get my hands on, but at the same time, the "Lindsey" time was pulled out of my schedule. I was very good at being busy and doing the work that I was felt called to do on this campus, but I didn't take time to realize what God wanted me to do for me. Psalm 46:10 says "Be still, and know that I am God." If anyone knows me, they know that being still is the single hardest thing for me to conquer. Well, for the last two weeks since school has been out, I have had no choice but to 'be still' since work has not started, and I've had nothing really on my schedule. I did not realize how grand this time was until the last couple days, when I saw what I was missing the last year. I have not let myself be still, or better yet, be weak. I haven't let myself hurt, or cry out, I've always covered it up to be there for other people, when really I needed others. God wants us to come to Him, to cry to Him, to let HIM be there for us. The best thing about all this, is it's never too late, God is here now, and I can cry out to him now more than ever. It's beautiful. So I guess the point to my blog is this: I don't work out because I have to, I do it because it gives me some time for myself, because it's treating my body well. And, I don't have a relationship with God because I have to, I do it because it gives me everlasting life, something to live for, someone to cry out to always, in happiness and sadness, and everything in between. It gives me LOVE:)

No comments:

Post a Comment